Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The beginning of the end. Or vice-versa.

I haven't done any blogging in years, if you count LiveJournal as blogging.

I guess I made it to bounce funny ideas off of myself and other people; namely you, my soon-to-be-loyal readers. I mean, shit, at this point my life consists of spending time with the fiancee, working, watching sports, playing the Wii, hanging out with my friends, drinking beer, and...well, that's about it.

I used to be a lot funnier, a lot more creative. I'm not sure where that went but I'm hoping to get it back if I can just ramble semi-coherently once I get an idea in my head. It's just hard to do that without an audience or feedback.

That's not to say that this blog will be written solely as a vehicle for humor; I'll probably write about life, sports, work, etc. until the clamoring for me to shut up from the millions (and millions!) of my fictional readers forces me to focus on something.

Hell, most likely I'll end up thinking about something funny while I'm at work, out with friends, or just not at my computer and I'll decide to run with it here instead of in my own head. This way, I'll be less likely to lose something when it's here on the web than when it's rolling around in the hollow bowling ball that is my skull.

Who knows where this blog will go? Maybe I'll decide tomorrow that this idea is completely, pants-shittingly dumb and I'll just delete it. I have as much of an inkling about the future of this blog as you do. Except for the "being able to delete it" part...I don't think you have the ability to do that no matter how much you may will it to be so.

So that's it, I guess. Carry on with your normal lives while I point out another blog that you must read if you're at all a fan of sports. The site is Deadspin.com. Great posts by editor Will Leitch as well as others and the comments/commenters (including yours truly) are hysterically funny. Note: if you get offended easily, I'd probably stick with Disney.com and skip Deadspin altogether.

No comments: